Question dark theme windows 10 pro incomplete

battlefield

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
I doing right click from desktop-> click personalize->select colors->scroll down to 'choose your default app mode-> select dark
Windows 10 pro ver 1809 compilation 17763.615

But for example my notepad
  • Background is white
  • Menues are white
What is the problem?? I need background black and menues too.

xnushCS.jpg

I just checked 1903 and its the same. Notepad does not have a dark theme. Basically it would require Microsoft to code it to have a dark theme like they did with File Explorer. The original dark theme only applied to Windows 10 Apps, not programs. 1809 introduced File Explorer and its menus to a dark theme.

I highly doubt Notepad will get a dark theme but then again a lot of people never expected File Explorer to get a dark theme.

Reactions: battlefield
Press Left Alt- Left Shift- PrtScn; a window will open up and ask if you want to turn on High Contrast and click the Yes button (or search for "contrast" and click on " turn high contrast on or off". and then click the High contrast slide to on). I don't know how this will affect the dark theme you are using, but it will create a black background for notepad and other apps in general.

battlefield

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Press Left Alt- Left Shift- PrtScn; a window will open up and ask if you want to turn on High Contrast and click the Yes button (or search for "contrast" and click on " turn high contrast on or off". and then click the High contrast slide to on). I don't know how this will affect the dark theme you are using, but it will create a black background for notepad and other apps in general.
Thanks, but modify the colors of dark mode, in other applications, icons, ... I can say that only the NOTEPAD looks good, everything else looks ugly.
😕 o_O:(

D

Deleted member 14196

Then use a different editor. Sublime Text 3 is what you want. Notepad, bah

Sublime has dark themes And is a great programming editor. This is the default but you can make it all dark in the settings. it's the best programming editor I have ever used, uber powerful

There are tons of plugins and you can write your own in Python. It doesn't get any better. You can use it free all you like with a tiny nag here and there, but I love and use it everywhere, it works on Linux/Windows/MAC, anywhere and you can legally install and use it in all your development environments, it was worth the 70 bucks. It's so good, they deserve the cash.

windows.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS