Darkness..

G

Hey people, anyone had a problem like this..
I have a GeForce 2MX400 w/ 64Mb and I used to run Win98SE with Ref drivers V6.31 - this revision had Brightness, Colour Saturation, etc controls that WORKED. The 12.41 revision had overlay controls for brightness,etc which don't work.. Kinda makes things a little too dark for gaming on my Philips 107S.
Now I am running Windows XP RC1 [hold up on the flaming plz :) ] and it uses 12.41 ref, but it doesn't even have overlay controls that don't work.

Anyone know of a driver revision that works well with Win2K and has Brightness, gamma, etc controls that aren't just there for show.

TIA

G

Well, never did find drivers that fixed the probs but if anyone has similar issues there is a great utility i've since fell over called PowerStrip from entechtaiwan.com
Pity bout the US$30 reg but...

No matter now anyway, XP crapped itself well when I installed Liveware V3 for Win2K, WinXP looks like it might be a good OS one day,when its released and properly supported...
just don't install any software that isn't tested to work with it, OH, unless you enjoy seeing windows explorer Not Responding constantly and **other** slight AHEM technical issues.