Das Keyboard Now Also Has Tenkeyless 4C Keyboards With Cherry MX Brown Or Blue Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
It should have had USB 3.0, I find that the 3.0 on my DasKeyboard 4 Ultimate is very useful. At that price I wouldn't consider it. Though I would never buy a tenkeyless either way.

Sky_2

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Das: Just do one with a backlight and i'll buy it a heartbeat.
Yeah I know that your designers say that you should not look your keyboard when typing which is mostly true, but in the dark, even one of your best ninja typers will have to spend few seconds to locate an F6 key. Also, i know you don't want to hear this but backlight looks cool and most enthusiasts are ready to pay an extra 20$ for that.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
True typing keyboards. I have a Rosewill with cherry blues, and they are absolutely great if you need to do a lot of typing. Browns are a good compromise in the sound department, so you don't keep the wife up all night... lol
Personally, I'd avoid the ultimate, only because once in a great while you do need to hunt for that uncommonly used key like &, ^ or |.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Can't understand why there aren't more split keyboards, like those made by Kinesis. It's obvious from just looking at how you have to contort your wrists that the standard keyboard design is unergonomic.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

The biggest reason for the lack of split keyboards is that you have to adjust to using them vs. the traditional planks in that the key positions feel different. If I had a split keyboard at work and a traditional one at home, I'd never be able to type properly... lol.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
The biggest reason for the lack of split keyboards is that you have to adjust to using them vs. the traditional planks in that the key positions feel different. If I had a split keyboard at work and a traditional one at home, I'd never be able to type properly... lol.

I have exactly that and I type fine. To top it off, my work one is a membrane Logitech K200, home is a Cherry MX Brown CM Rapid-i and I also use my laptop with chiclet scissor-switch keys a lot. If you really type a lot, your hands adjust within a minute or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS