[SOLVED] dash cam recommendations

Solution
From my dashcam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071KC51PY
$40 when I bought it.
IHfAtZ8.png

Readability falls off quickly as per distance.

Your Rexing was on my shortlist before I bought this one.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I don't care about GPS. For $40, that one looks pretty darn clear to me, but your specific one doesn't appear to be available on amazon anymore. Found out a friend of mine has the previous model Rexing (without wifi) and was planning to by 3 more as gifts this month so I might pony up the extra coin and get that one since she's liked it so much.

People in my neighborhood can't drive (either mentally or legally in some cases) and some just go out looking to create a wreck. I got brake checked a few years back as a lady stopped in the middle of pulling out into an intersection for no reason. She didn't want to file a report until police arrested her bf on a warrant, now she suddenly wanted to sue for money. I fought her and got her medical claims denied by my insurance but still got stuck with the accident against my record. I also see folks run redlights on a regular basis. Just last week I watched a car try to parallel park outside a bar, backed into the other car 3 times before they gave up and drove off. I got the car's info and left my number with the bartender as a witness, it was her car plus I just wanted to give her my number :p

kanewolf

Titan

You may not want GPS, but it provides additional "evidence" because the time data on the video has an absolute source. You can't be challenged on the date/time of an incident.

TRENDING THREADS