Dash Camera Failed Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Snake

Commendable
Jan 20, 2022
"Dash Cam with SD Card(32G) Carigogo 1080P Full HD Dash Camera for Cars Recorder 3.2" Screen 170°Wide Angle, Night Vision, G-Sensor, WDR, Parking Monitor, Loop Recording, Motion Detection" Granted it is not the most expensive. Cost me $19.99. It has been working fine. Records in 3 min segments. During a road rage incident, I had to brake hard and steer to the right to avoid a collision. When I checked the footage, the segment before was recorded, but that segment was not recorded or it was damaged. It did not record again until about five minutes later. Any idea of what happened. Thanks

Was there any violent shock during that time?

It seems that your camera had the power interrupted or the SD card has shifted for a second so the clip recorded was lost.

If the camera has a rechargeable battery, the first case is unlikely.

Cpt Snake

Commendable
Jan 20, 2022
Thanks for getting back. I think after reading some reviews, that this is not an uncommon event with this unit. You get what you pay for in the end.

Cpt Snake

Commendable
Jan 20, 2022
Just curious. Could this have been caused by the MicroSD card. I noticed that they have MicroSDXC cards for dash cameras. The one in now is just a standard one. Thanks.

Its hard to say for sure, as both are equally likely:
The unit is faulty, either via internal connections, build quality, firmware, etc, that caused it to miss the sequence.
The card could be faulty, and a quality card could remedy it. What specific card do you have? Was it bundled with the cam?

Personally, Id spend a bit more on a new cam and high quality card, you know something may be faulty, do you trust fixing one issue just in case it might be the other?

I had a similar experience some years ago. It boiled down to the SD card that shipped with the dash cam had terrible quality and after a while with multiple overwrites it was no longer capable of write data at same rate, resulting random clips get omitted.
At least, that was my conclusion at the time, I've always buying new SC cards after some months of use to prevent wearing out being the reason for missing important situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.