[SOLVED] Data activity - No internet connection

Feb 17, 2021
Plugged the Lan cable into my ethernet port (RJ-45) on my motherboard (z490) and the lights are indicating data activity (blinking light - data activity + orange speed light - 100Mbps) but I received the 'Install a driver for your network adapter' but when I look in device manager all I see are the WAN Miniports.

Under Network adapters there's another section 'Other devices' where all of them have a yellow 'warning' sign. Could that be a reason why I can't even see the LAN connection?

View: https://i.imgur.com/8x9KsUk.jpeg

Thanks in advance guys!

Solution
You're not wrong, sorry about that!Don't know why it got resized that small :/

I'm looking at the list of drivers I can potentially download and this one jumps out:

"Intel Lan driver ver:12.18.9.14"

Computer is up and running with windows, so wouldn't the chipset driver be already installed?
If the chipset driver does need to be installed would it be this one:

"ASRock Motherboard Utility ver:3.0.315"

Can't find anything that specifically says 'chipset driver'.
Did you do a clean OS install with this build? Windows can function without the motherboard drivers loaded. Just incompletely. Audio, LAN, WIF, etc will not work.
Feb 17, 2021

I'm looking at the list of drivers I can potentially download and this one jumps out:

Computer is up and running with windows, so wouldn't the chipset driver be already installed?

kanewolf

Titan

Did you do a clean OS install with this build? Windows can function without the motherboard drivers loaded. Just incompletely. Audio, LAN, WIF, etc will not work.

Solution
Feb 17, 2021

Hey kanewolf,

Yeah. Complete clean install. As per rgd's advice just grabbed all the drivers from the MOBO's website and am about to put them on now!Keep you posted :)

Feb 17, 2021
To those who are less tech savvy: I did indeed have to go to the Motherboard's website, click on downloads, and download the LAN drivers (downloaded all the other drivers as well).

Connected to the internet straight away!

Kane and Rgd thank you for your help! :)