Data backup from undetected hard disk ?

mehdi043

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
My Seagate Momentus 5400.6 notebook internal harddisk just died without any warning. There was no problem with the hard disk. I've also checked the health of the hard disk few months back, nothing was wrong with it. Suddenly one day, got an error at S.M.A.R.T while computer startup, before windows starts that , AHCI 0 device error. Couldn't boot the windows anyhow. Now, I've connected it with another PC as a usb harddisk, even now it's not detectable. I'm a student, so, all project works and study related data's are all there. Lossing all this data's are goin to be a disaster for me.

The hard disk is spinning properly, only continious sound inside from the harddisk like, bugs cutting inside wood.

No idea, why this sound can occur. Will be there any luck, if I open the hard disk myself, there is no options for me to go for professional help.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

STOP

Do not 'open it'. You will kill any possibility of getting anything from it.

Sadly, it sounds like that drive is dead. At the consumer level, if the PC can't detect it, none of the usual software data recovery solutions will work. This appears to be a hardware issue.

This is when you get a new drive, and retrieve your critical data from your backup.

Solution

Aruna_2

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hi,

I agreed with USAFRet, the clicking noise of hard drive is a simple indication of hard drive failure.

I would suggest you to go through this blog http://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/hard-disk-inaccessible-recover-files/, it has some fixes which will help you to get your data back from the dead hard drive.