Question Data not entering through one of my NICs

Mar 5, 2021
Hey everyone,
A few weeks ago i started having an issue were data is not being recieved in one of my nics lets call it nic 1, if i disconnect the other one (nic 2), data is received.
what i mean with data is packets sent from one ip to ours.
We have two isp connected on a switch and then it goes to the server. Every network has his own gateway (i don't know if this is the right thing to do or not), we use two nics because one software is using the nic 2 gateway to receive data and we can't change that.
the issue started when nic 1 needed to receive data and we are not receiving them, if i disable nic 2 the data is recieved.
One of the thing is we receive data from the same server but different port and we are receiving them with no problem
let's say:
x.x.x.x:7000 TCP we are recieving them with no problem.
x.x.x.x:7001 UDP we are not receiving them.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey everyone,
A few weeks ago i started having an issue were data is not being recieved in one of my nics lets call it nic 1, if i disconnect the other one (nic 2), data is received.
what i mean with data is packets sent from one ip to ours.
We have two isp connected on a switch and then it goes to the server. Every network has his own gateway (i don't know if this is the right thing to do or not), we use two nics because one software is using the nic 2 gateway to receive data and we can't change that.
the issue started when nic 1 needed to receive data and we are not receiving them, if i disable nic 2 the data is recieved.
One of the thing is we receive data from the same server but different port and we are receiving them with no problem
let's say:
x.x.x.x:7000 TCP we are recieving them with no problem.
x.x.x.x:7001 UDP we are not receiving them.
Just to be sure I understand the configuration, you have a server with two public IP addresses? Each of those public IP addresses is associated with a NIC card on the server. Is the configuration of those two NIC cards static or DHCP ?

Mar 5, 2021
You are correct on the first question, the two NIC cards are static.
Edit: we ran a security company and we receive contact ids from alarm panels to both ip addresses.