Question Data recovery from a dead laptop.

Strangeclouds1793

Commendable
Jul 3, 2019
My MSI GT70 Dragon 2 edition laptop died recently. When I say it's dead, it's dead. Will not power on, power button does nothing when pushed. I have tried every trick in the book to see if I could revive it. unfortunately it bit the dust for good this time. I knew this day was coming, but in my negligence I forgot to back up a months worth of important work related data and documents I had on there. Now I know how to recover the data if it was a simple hard drive or even a normal SATA ssd. However the Laptop has a unusual 3 x 128gb toshiba mSata ssds in Raid 0 that are mounted on another support board. Picture of the support board can be seen on this site that sells this. Can anyone tell what kind of port the board plug into? I have a hard time seeing it from the picture and I have not ripped up the board from the mobo in fear of damaging something, In case of the worst case I need to take it to a super expensive data recovery company. Is there any way for me to take the individual mSata SSD and reconstruct the raid 0 array on my desktop? If I can get a single mSata to pcie or usb adapter.

edit: forgot to mention, Im 99% the SSD themselves are fine. just the mobo might be cooked or something else.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
3x 128GB mSATA drives in RAID 0?
Dead laptop?
hahahahha
(sorry)

That board you linked will go in only that specified original laptop. There is no generic connection for it.
But...recovering a RAID 0 that was 3 original drives might only be done from the original actual hardware. That dead laptop.

You could try obtaining an exact replacement laptop, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of actually having that data recoverable.
Data recovery from a RAID 0 is a whole different thing than data recovery from a single drive. As in....highly unlikely.

Why was there not a backup of this?