Data Recovery from corrupted hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMorgan

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello,
Apparently my Dell computer contracted a nasty virus that has corrupted my hard drive (WD16000BEVE) and caused a "read disk" error. The computer will no longer turn on. I've taken the drive out and to a computer store in an attempt to retrieve vital financial files, only to be told that it is not possible WITHOUT sending it to an expensive data recovery company. Can anyone provide any potentially less expensive ways that I can recover the data?

Solution
bobhouras02 is correct. A recovery tool could make the issue worse than it already is. If losing data is accepptable, then you could give it a try; otherwise a reputable data recovery service would be best. If those financial files are vital, were they backed up on a regular basis?
bobhouras02 is correct. A recovery tool could make the issue worse than it already is. If losing data is accepptable, then you could give it a try; otherwise a reputable data recovery service would be best. If those financial files are vital, were they backed up on a regular basis?

Solution

laliterrazas

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

PLEAAAAAAASE; COULD YOU TELL ME if you know any establishment in Lancaster PA that could help me out in the recovery of my data??.. I BEG YOU! ='(

Have you tested it yourself or know of someone who successfully recovered vital files from a hard disk having a very similar issue? No free program is as good as expensive tools used by data recovery services; the non-free version of the best ones always provides extra features. Before using such a program, one has to ensure it won't make modifications that could cause more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.