Data Recovery Software not recovering hard drive data. HELP!!!

thamikestab0y56

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
I'm trying to recover my data from a broken Samsung 640gb 2.5" hard drive. I've tried everything. I used data recovery software (icare, 7data, testdisk, etc.), I even bought 7data, but they just skip straight to 100% and find nothing. Now it shows the drive as a RAW drive. I'm debating if I should do a quick format on it. But I'm concerned about permanently losing everything on the drive even if I try to recover them from format. PLEASE HELP!! My data is on the line!! :(:(:(

S Haran

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2013
Do not format the drive. It will only make recovery more difficult.

Get a Linux Live CD and try to take an image of the drive with ddrescue.

Then aim your recovery tools at the drive image.

But attempting to take the image is not without risk so if the data is high value send the drive to a data recovery lab.

Once you have an image of your drive, and if your data recovery tools find nothing, I would suggest that you examine the file system with a disc editor in readonly mode. I can help you do this.

A good freeware disc editor is DMDE:
http://dmde.com/

Stan Sandel

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Hy!
I think companies that recover your data, can't completely recover all of it. You can allways try different softwares, the internet is full of them, free or paid. I use this software, from www.goshareware.com to recover deleted, corrupted, missing files. Works pretty darn good.

thamikestab0y56

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Sorry for the late response guys, but thanks everyone for the suggestions. I managed to find some good working data recovery software called Recuva. It works flawlessly!!