[SOLVED] Data transfer from phone to pc

sandeepjaat

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
Whenever I copy large files from my phone (Samsung s20 ultra USB Type C ) to my laptop via USB-C or USB 3.2 Port copy speed is very slow
Takes 15 to 20 min. For 30-50 gb file
As my phone and laptop both are latest devices and I am using a original Samsung type C to C cable, I was expecting much higher speed

Any suggestions will be helpful
Thanks

Solution
The ultimate target is a ssd.
They are very good at reading, but not so good with continuous sequential writes.
Once the ssd buffer is filled,writing will be limited by the underlying nand chip capabilities.
Some ssd devices are better than others.
How long does it take for only a 1gb file?
You could try using WiFi but you won't be able to tell if that's faster until you try it. I use an android app called File Manager Plus which you should be able to try free from the Play Store. It has a setting which turns your Phone into an FTP file server which you can access from your laptop. You can type the FTP address into windows explorer to copy or move files. But the actual speed and time it takes won't be known until you try it once or twice on your available wifi.

The ultimate target is a ssd.
They are very good at reading, but not so good with continuous sequential writes.
Once the ssd buffer is filled,writing will be limited by the underlying nand chip capabilities.
Some ssd devices are better than others.
How long does it take for only a 1gb file?

Solution
When you use your phone as an USB drive, all communication goes thru software - your phone' OS reads the file off flash, and (software emulation for USB storage) sends is over USB port.

Use other methods for transfer - eg WiFi connection to a shared folder on your computer.