[SOLVED] Data wipe/ reset

frontabl3

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
Hello, I just started wiping all data from my pc and preparing for a clean windows install. I wiped my hdd with DBAN, but I wanted to ask you for the method i should use on my ssd since it has Windows 10 on it. The ssd im using is Crucial MX500 250GB.

Solution
Hello, I just started wiping all data from my pc and preparing for a clean windows install. I wiped my hdd with DBAN, but I wanted to ask you for the method i should use on my ssd since it has Windows 10 on it. The ssd im using is Crucial MX500 250GB.
You can do it just in the new OS install.
Delete all partitions in the process, and continue on.

Also, have only the SSD connected when you do this install. Reconnect the HDD later.

USAFRet

Titan
You can do it just in the new OS install.
Delete all partitions in the process, and continue on.

Also, have only the SSD connected when you do this install. Reconnect the HDD later.

Solution
You don't have to wipe a disk before installing Windows, it's enough to delete all partitions at the beginning of Windows installation.
You of course can't wipe a disk you boot from so it needs self booting utility. Other than that, https://www.crucial.com/support/storage-executive possibly (like many others) but unless you are going to sell or give away that disk not necessary.