Question Date always jumps ahead coming out of sleep

mrphade

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Every time my windows 10 goes to sleep, the date jumps randomly into the future. It's a real pain to reset every time and I had to disable automatic back-ups because the computer was thinking it was a new day every time I came out of sleep mode. I checked common solutions and it appears the time service may not be running. One solution was to stop the service in the command prompt, then restart it. Mine apparently isn't on since when I type "w32tm /unregister" in the command prompt i get back "The windows time service is not started." In the services app, I can see that it's set on manual and also stopped. The problem is, I can't update any settings, even in safe mode. In the command prompt (started as administrator) I get access denied errors. In the services app, the drop down box to switch from manual to automatic is grayed out and unclickable as is the option to start the process. This is a personal PC, with one account that is supposedly the admin. As I mentioned I tried all of this in safe mode too and same problem, it appears I cannot touch this process from either the services app or the command prompt. I even tried going into the control panel to switch the time server off of windows and same thing, I don't have permission to change the settings. Any advice?

Thanks!

mrphade

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Sorry, I should have mentioned the version. It's the 64 bit home edition. I may have to reinstall if there's no easy fix. I'm no expert, I was hoping there was something obvious I was missing.