Question Date/time not updating after reboot

May 30, 2022
Hey!
So yesterday I turned on my PC and I noticed the time wasnt set correctly. At first, I thought this was weird, but I just manually changed It back and forgot about It. Today, I turned on my PC again and im having the same problem. Time is still set at 11:24 PM (last time I used my PC).

Made a bit of research and thought It could be the battery, wich was weird as my mobo is only 7 months old. So I bought a new one, replaced It, hard reset my motherboard but still facing the same issue.

The BIOS time also delays itself to the last time I used my PC, and doesn't update even though I do It manually. The thing is thats the only setting from the BIOS that resets everytime. All the other settings seem to be working fine, except 1-2 times that the XMP profile reset to factory settings. Seems really weird now , but didn't find weird at that time as I was new to PC building. But now I think all this can be a hardware issue (mobo). It seems weird that this only happens with time/date and not with the other settings (XMP profile etc.)

I contacted the shop I bought the mobo from, and they offered me online tech service. They told me this wasn't a motherboard issue, wich im sure It is. They told me to make a fresh Windows install, and update BIOS. I did both and It didn't help. My pc still showed the time from the last use. Im also 100% sure Windows time settings are perfect, so thats not the iddue

Im currently using W10 pro and my motherboard is a Gigabyte B-550m Pro-p.

Last edited: