[SOLVED] Date/time reset in BIOS every boot - AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming

Feb 20, 2022
Hello,
I have an issue with date/time clock after the BIOS update of my PC's motherboard. An X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3

I updated from bios version 3.0 to 3.20 my PC's motherboard. After the update my system start until to the bios boot but the OS (Windows 11) can't be start.

I tried to downgrade to previously BIOS version (3.0) and after the downgrade the OS Windows started regulary again, but the date/time clock of the bios can't be mantain the correct set and at every switch on of the PC or reboot, BIOS clock is reset to 2017.
I tried to update the BIOS again to version 3.1 but the date/time issue still.
BIOS battery is Ok.

Someone had the same problem and found a solution?

Solution
it's not the battery.
Battery is new
if you have recently replaced the CMOS battery with a new one and the BIOS still cannot maintain updated data then you just have a malfunctioning board.

if you are just stating that the CMOS battery is new because it is a new board, then you are probably mistaken because you have no idea how long this product may have sat.
Feb 20, 2022
usually this is caused by a failing CMOS battery.

if you have no new spare to replace it with just take it to a local hardware or Walmart type store and have them find you a replacement.

Hi JohnBonhamsGhost,

thanks but it's not the battery.
Battery is new and the voltage value is correct.
Date/time in Bios are reset also after a simple hot-restart of the PC.

it's not the battery.
Battery is new
if you have recently replaced the CMOS battery with a new one and the BIOS still cannot maintain updated data then you just have a malfunctioning board.

if you are just stating that the CMOS battery is new because it is a new board, then you are probably mistaken because you have no idea how long this product may have sat.

Solution
Feb 20, 2022

You are right. I'm in the second one case, but I tested the voltage of the battery under load and it have 2.99 volts. Without load the voltage of the battery is 3.0V.
I'll can try to change it, but I don't think that is the problem.
Thanks for your suggestion.