Date/Time settings not holding.

operfler

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Hello,
My computer is 2,5 years old.I changed over from Vista to Win.7.In BIOS menu i have set the Date/Time pressed F10( save settings and exit).After that Date and Time appear correct on the screen. But after every new start i get the message CMOS Date/Time not Set,Pressing F1 gives again 12h 2002.with the vista there was no prpblem with time and date, so it can not be the battery.Wat can i do to keep the date/time.
Otto

It is the battery, be thankful you don't have mine to replace
cmosbatt.jpg

half underneath a 2" Northbridge heatsink and requires a half hour to replace :p
**Edit Fan normally has blades cooling the waterblock, I took it off so you could see the battery**
Moto

carnage0651

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I will also say its the CMOS battery/possible corrupted flash on the bios. Another thing you should check is the windows time, go to the internet time box and make sure windows isn't set to sync with an internet time server. Depending on your bios and software on your PC (something that allows you to modify some BIOS settings wile in windows) there is a possibility that windows time sync could be conflicting with your BIOS time and causing this. Ive seen it in the past but im not sure what brand motherboard it was.

operfler

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

Thanks for your interest in my problem, but how can i reflash the BIOS.

operfler

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

Sorry for troubling you, it was the battery,THANKS.

TRENDING THREADS