Daydream Home Lets You Preview VR Content In 360-Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for reading it!
We've been making an effort to be one of the premier sources of VR information on the internet. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Tomshardware was the site that got me into trying Google cardboard. And now here I am playing in HTC Vive almost daily. VR is truly something you have to try to love it.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Since everyone is saying nice things about Tom's Hardware, I'll add by saying I've been using your site since 2001 (15 years), thanks for all the hard work.

As to Daydream VR, hope the Gear VR supports it, would be nice to use existing hardware with the new platform.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

I fail to understand how that's remotely funny.
Wiimotes were incredibly advanced for thier time, and these are indeed an evolution of that concept.

There's not better solution than a wand controller for 6 degrees of freedom right now though. What they offer is nothing short of incredible.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
For some things, hand tracking is much better. That will become standard, but not for a while. Therefore, Daydream VR really can't depend on it.

However, if the experience involves holding a tool or a weapon, I'd rather have a controller than my bare hands.

I agree with Kevin: the controllers are a non-issue, for most purposes.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

I fail to understand how that's remotely funny.
Wiimotes were incredibly advanced for thier time, and these are indeed an evolution of that concept.

There's not better solution than a wand controller for 6 degrees of freedom right now though. What they offer is nothing short of incredible.

I'm a little skeptical of these remotes, myself. I mean, great, I'm glad they developed them, but I'm not getting excited about them just yet.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Since everyone is saying nice things about Tom's Hardware, I'll add by saying I've been using your site since 2001 (15 years), thanks for all the hard work.

As to Daydream VR, hope the Gear VR supports it, would be nice to use existing hardware with the new platform.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. We work extremely hard to bring you the best coverage we can! It's good to hear that some people are digging it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.