'Daylight' First 3rd-Party Game Using Epic's Unreal Engine 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hmmm....Triple AAA Engine for casual gaming. Not sure what to make of it.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Sounds kind of like Slender. A defenseless protaganist with nothing but a light source. But unlike Slender, it has an actual story and much better graphics.

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Hope she can write better than she can voice act. She was terrible in ME3.[/citation]

She's terrible at just about everything. She's an above average looking "gamer girl" that the media likes to tote around.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Hope she can write better than she can voice act. She was terrible in ME3.[/citation]

Her spot should of been taken by the reporter in ME1 you help out, Emily Wong.

Instead we get battle tits, I mean news.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I appreciate the new engine and I'm glad things are moving forward, but why can't we get a game that actually looks like the samaritan demo (ue3) before we jump to the next thing?

The focus today seems to be on physics and particles and real time rendering which is great - but can we get textures first? Seems like a simple fix. Gfx cards with more vram and larger file sizes would do the trick right? I compare crysis, skyrim or crysis 2 vanilla versions to modded versions with high res textures and the difference is immeasurable.

All this real time rendering and particle stuff is great don't get me wrong. But the amount of processing power required to accurately render 'dust in the air' seems wasted when you can get close to a wall in an fps and the textures look like ass. Even when explosions and particles are rendered before hand it's really not that much different (see turning on/off physx in a game that supports it).

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
She writes now?

I liked Emily Wong; she was awesome. An almost overeager reporter whose ideas should never have worked expect she had the foresight to approach the player for help and managed to achieve two stories of a lifetime.

I was thoroughly looking forward to seeing her again and giving her that exclusive interview I promised.

Instead I got Chobot and Emily got killed on Twitter.

An ignoble end to a noble woman.

athlondude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Could give two shits less, ever since these jerks sold out to the console regime, they have done nothing more than put out shocolate covered shit! Wont be getting any of my money!

orion9

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Well let’s wait and see if this amount to... something. And about the UE4, bring "Samaritan" level of detail, graphics and physics and then we’ll talk. Btw here is another game that will use the UE4 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312036782/project-awakened)and the devs of the game supposedly worked with epic on their new engine…I have no idea what to expect but I hope they really use the engine to its maximum capabilities.

centaurius

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
"gather and build by day, and defend their fort against the creatures of the night."

Reminds you of any other game...? Oh i dont know maybe minecraft...? -.-

f-14

Distinguished
what a waste. so much more to that engine than to waste it on some libtard idea of a psycho suspense thriller gone game. give me a single/multiplayer gulf war 1 with a gulf war 2 sequel instead on the epic proportion of Halo and BF3

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]nolarrow[/nom]I appreciate the new engine and I'm glad things are moving forward, but why can't we get a game that actually looks like the samaritan demo (ue3) before we jump to the next thing? The focus today seems to be on physics and particles and real time rendering which is great - but can we get textures first? Seems like a simple fix. Gfx cards with more vram and larger file sizes would do the trick right? I compare crysis, skyrim or crysis 2 vanilla versions to modded versions with high res textures and the difference is immeasurable. All this real time rendering and particle stuff is great don't get me wrong. But the amount of processing power required to accurately render 'dust in the air' seems wasted when you can get close to a wall in an fps and the textures look like ass. Even when explosions and particles are rendered before hand it's really not that much different (see turning on/off physx in a game that supports it).[/citation]

that's what you get when the game is designed for consoles and ported to pc. we don't call them crap boxes for nothing.

G

The game sounds interesting, but...

"... the playtime will be around 25 to 30 minutes"

...that kind of kills it for me. A game like this need to be longer. Like 20 hours min.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]athlondude[/nom]Could give two shits less, ever since these jerks sold out to the console regime, they have done nothing more than put out shocolate covered shit! Wont be getting any of my money![/citation]

BL:R was released last year as a PC exclusive and is one of the top F2P Shooters with one of the best customization systems I have seen in a long time. So what was that again?

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
They're just getting warmed up. You gotta figure the first game on a new engine will come from those that make said engine (fortnite) then next you'll get the more casual type games because they're easier to crank out the content for and their simple gameplay makes bug smooshing easier. It will take a bit before we get the big, meaty 3rd party games on the new engine. Rest assured they're cranking them out behind closed doors around the world.

jibbs

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Everything about this sounds horrible.

1. They licensed a very expensive engine to make a 20 minute game? Are the stupid?
2. $20 for 20 minutes...That's a dollar a minute...insane.
3. You basically just walk around in the dark

The execs who agreed to this need a kick in the arse!

jibbs

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]nolarrow[/nom]I appreciate the new engine and I'm glad things are moving forward, but why can't we get a game that actually looks like the samaritan demo (ue3) before we jump to the next thing? The focus today seems to be on physics and particles and real time rendering which is great - but can we get textures first? Seems like a simple fix. Gfx cards with more vram and larger file sizes would do the trick right? I compare crysis, skyrim or crysis 2 vanilla versions to modded versions with high res textures and the difference is immeasurable. All this real time rendering and particle stuff is great don't get me wrong. But the amount of processing power required to accurately render 'dust in the air' seems wasted when you can get close to a wall in an fps and the textures look like ass. Even when explosions and particles are rendered before hand it's really not that much different (see turning on/off physx in a game that supports it).[/citation]

Have you seen Devil May Cry maxed out on the PC? Looks on par with Samaritan!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
$20 for 25-30 minutes of game-play is pretty steep. I don't think we should embrace this title until a more fair price comes out of it. The last thing we need to do is send a message to publishers like Activision or EA the message that they could start developing $60 games that last about a hour and half.

Status
Not open for further replies.