NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
I see that on PC the maximum saving slots are 30 in number. Now, in general, not only at this game, is there a way to bypass this save slot cap? To save further (not auto-save), go save slot 31, 32, and so on.

no.
while some games may offer an .ini or .cfg file where these types of parameters may be edited,
nothing i've seen regarding Days Gone mentions this.

you would need to make your own backups by copy/pasting specific save files to another location.
then restoring them when wanting access.

and why isn't 30 enough?

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
I dunno, there are plenty of key points where i like to manual save and keep that save. Old school habit. I mean, some games allow you to save without limit. I assumed there were 20 save slots, because some games put the cap on that number, but i've seen it didn't stopped at 20, so i continued, then surprise, limit cap 30. Well, if there is no way to increase save slot, then i think the problem is solved.

While in-game you can only see 30 saves, games generally save to files that are located in the Documents folder and there is nothing stopping you from moving as many saves as you like out of that folder, and back in again later when you want to use them.

Days Gone instead saves to your user folder under
\AppData\Local\BendGame\Saved\
but the principle is the same. You can have as many slot #30s (and every other slot) as you could want.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
While in-game you can only see 30 saves, games generally save to files that are located in the Documents folder and there is nothing stopping you from moving as many saves as you like out of that folder, and back in again later when you want to use them.

Days Gone instead saves to your user folder under
\AppData\Local\BendGame\Saved\
but the principle is the same. You can have as many slot #30s (and every other slot) as you could want.
Did a small experiment to "bypass" this cap. Just made multiple copies and re-named them slot31, slot32 and so on, i just overwrite over.