Dayz and xbox controller

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
I'm trying to play the game with my controller because I won't play with keyboard and mouse because it's shit.

Anyway I go onto it and connect the controller it lights up and that and then I launch dayz and the game doesn't pick up the connected controller. Then I click "configure" and look for devices etc and nothing shows up, not even the mouse and keyboard that works.

Any fixes for this?

Solution
You can, I dont own one, all my friends use one though for GTA.
There are times where I outdo them due to being on a keyboard, but flying is not one of them
It isnt listed on the steam page, nor is it listed anywhere else (from a quick google search its just people complaining about the lack of controller support).
In my opinion, given the dev team on that game (Its been 3 years in Alpha) using a controller would be a horrible idea even if it was supported. You really do need KB+mouse.

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Yea I seen mixed results I think it once was compatible with controller but they took it off after an update I don't know why since they want to sell the game on xbox one and ps4.

Every pc gamer says use mouse and keyboard but I'm not a competitive player I'd rather sit way back in my chair with a simple controller in my hand than sit awkwardly with a mouse and keyboard and a place to put my mouse I'm not into all that

Aaron9546

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Yeah there are way too many commands for a single controller to play dayz I would liked to have use controller for movement and keyboard for commands but people cba adding this all in because pc master race just want to use keyboard and mouse lol

TRENDING THREADS