DayZ/ArmaII ArmaIII Discussion

TroyHopson

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Who else plays? What do you like about it? Have any spare Frank n' Beans? :kaola:
Discuss DayZ, Arma II, and Arma III here. Post what you like, I love talking about this game :D

TroyHopson

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hopefully the past due standalone will crave my DayZ appetite. I'm currently in BFE with a Ghillie, M16A4ACOG, and a Coyote. Have been waiting to get my new gaming setup so I can play on Very High settings, FINALLY!!! The standalone should fix the hacking issues for at least awhile, it's gonna be awesome.

meepdacreep

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Whats your new setup? Im just bought a computer a bb and put a new fan and graphics card in it. I kinda wish I would of just built one because im a little unsure how It will preform for upcoming games.

Also is it comfirmed the standalone will be running off the arma 3 engine?

TroyHopson

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I don't particularly care for it all that well, I enjoyed it at first, but then I went back to DayZ. LOL.
@meep, ATM I'm just buying a pre-built with intentions on upgrading. Don't really wanna take the time and labor to build one myself, so I''ll just spend a little more money and tweak as I go. It's already quite a nice setup that can run Arma 2 and DayZ on very high everything. Of course I'm gonna turn off Antialiasing, Post Processing, and Vsync to max out on FPS, and have view distance set at 4000.
-Intel Core i5 3550p
-8GB DDR3
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB
All in a nice iBUYPOWER tower. I plan on upgrading the GPU to a Nvidia GTX 670 and the power supply (obviously) to probably a 600W.