Recently I lost all mail in three sub-folders. Fortunately I had them backed
up on a disk. Opening the backup disk I see that there are individual mail
(.eml) and folders (.dbx). My problem is extracting the folders. I’m using
DBExtract 4.5, and have tried without luck to extract to the empty folders in
OL Exp. 6.0
Please help.

Gordon

"Putin" <Putin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I lost all mail in three sub-folders. Fortunately I had them
> backed up on a disk. Opening the backup disk I see that there are
> individual mail (.eml) and folders (.dbx). My problem is extracting
> the folders. I'm using DBExtract 4.5, and have tried without luck to
> extract to the empty folders in OL Exp. 6.0
> Please help.

Why are you trying to use DBExtract on your backed-up dbx folders? Just copy
them to your HDD and in OE go to File-Import and navigate to where you
copied them to!

Also, just drag the eml files to OE!

Copy them to where on the HDD? I tried a new folder in My Documents and from
OE6 Import > File> Import > Messages , but you cant navigate to any folder
only email programs.
What am I missing something?

Gordon

Putin wrote:
> Copy them to where on the HDD? I tried a new folder in My Documents
> and from OE6 Import > File> Import > Messages , but you cant navigate
> to any folder only email programs.
> What am I missing something?

You are. In the Import dialog box you can navigate to ANYWHERE on your HDD.
Go to File-Import-Messages-Outlook Express 6-Next-Import from an OE Store
Directory and then navigate to where you copied the dbx files to. Be warned
however, that if your copied dbx files do NOT contain a file called
"folders.dbx" then OE will not see the files as a message store. There is,
however, a workaround for that.

HTH