Nov 15, 2021
I am building a DC Powered ATX Power supply to run my motherboard.
The old power supply died and I have the rest of my equipment running off of a deep cycle battery with a Samlex battery charger.
When the power goes out, everything continues to run....

So I have purchased some Meanwell DC-DC transformers (9-18Vin & 3.3Vout, 5Vout & 12Vout).

Yellows are wired to +12v
Reds are wired to +5v
Oranges are wired to +3.3v
Purple wire connected to +5v.
Gray wire is also connect to +5v (PWR_OK)
Black wires are all connected to ground of each transformer.
Blue wire is not connected (it's -12v, and from what I've read, it's only there for backwards compatibility).
Green wire is not connected (as I believe it is used for signaling the ATX PSU to power on).

I have everything wired with the correct color codes, and when connected to the motherboard, the system fan & cpu fan kicks on.
Yet nothing else happens. I do not get a POST/BIOS screen and I am not getting any status lights on ethernet port on motherboard.
Motherboard works fine when connected to a known good working PSU.

Just wondering if there as something simple I am missing.

Nov 15, 2021
So I take it not putting +5V to the power good fixed the problem and that's why you haven't come back?

No, actually, in my troubleshooting process, I tried not energizing the PWR_OK line, and it has the same effect.
I actually work a full time job and only have so much time to check this thread.

Nov 15, 2021
Interesting. What motherboard are we using here?

Base Board Information
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: F2A88XM-D3H
Version: x.x
Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
Features:
Board is a hosting board
Board is replaceable
Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
Chassis Handle: 0x0003
Type: Motherboard
Contained Object Handles: 0

Nov 15, 2021
Double checked all of the voltages again, and every wire is properly outputting correct voltage when measured to the black common.

With or without the gray wire connected to +5v, I get this same result:

CPU fan revs up when first applying power and holds.
If I short the pwr switch pins, CPU fan stops revving, slows down, ethernet link light turns green, but not getting any output to the display.

TRENDING THREADS