DCOM errors

Stacey

My System event viewer on our Windows 2000 server is full of DCOM errors.
They started probably 8 months ago for some unknown reason and pile up. The
seem to involve approximately half of our workstations. There have been 220
just today from midnight to 11:30am. One is event 10006 and the other is
10009. General access denied and unable to communicate are the errors. I
have asked several people and have been told it is nothing to worry about but
seeing the viewer full of red messages is nerve racking. Any ideas?
--
Thanks,
Stacey

Stacey

After reading some of the posts, I found a solution. Whoever said to take
the number out of the error message and do a search thru the regedit file was
a genius. I have found that Diskeeper was causing all of my problems. I
have just deleted it and am monitoring the event viewer. It has been 25
since my last DCOM error. I will reinstall Diskeeper later this afternoon to
see if my errors restart.