Status
Not open for further replies.

chmcke01

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I am in an Information Security class and we have an assignment to show if we can find reputable help online. The assignment is to post a few questions and ask people to answer them. Then I am supposed to check if the answers are right and if they are I am supposed to send him a link to the page where the question was asked and then I am done. If the answers are wrong I just need to keep trying until someone answers all the questions right.

Here are the questions, they are all about the DCOM vulnerability...

1. What is it?
-
2. What operating systems are vulnerable?
-
3. Who discovered the vulnerability?
-
4. What is the purpose of the service that is vulnerable?
-
5. What things can you do to minimize the risk of this vulnerability?
-
6. How is/was this vulnerability exploited?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could take the time to answer these questions.

Solution
Ok ok ok wait......Never ever in my entire life has a teacher (especially IT ) required us to go online and ask questions to random forums.........

You need to figure this out on your own. Its the only way to learn it.

If you had bothered to do a google search for dcom vulnerability 3rd hit is this"

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/threats/examining-rpc-dcom-vulnerability-developing-vulnerability-exploit-cycle_1220

Very detailed paper on all of the questions you are asking. I saved you 30 seconds!

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Ok ok ok wait......Never ever in my entire life has a teacher (especially IT ) required us to go online and ask questions to random forums.........

You need to figure this out on your own. Its the only way to learn it.

If you had bothered to do a google search for dcom vulnerability 3rd hit is this"

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/threats/examining-rpc-dcom-vulnerability-developing-vulnerability-exploit-cycle_1220

Very detailed paper on all of the questions you are asking. I saved you 30 seconds!

Solution

chmcke01

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

We did that last week. He wants us to have other "IT Professionals" answer these questions so that we can compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.