Question Ddos question

kanewolf

Titan
Can a ddos attack damage your pc in any capacity
Do you have a router? If so, then a DDOS doesn't get to your PC, it stops at the router.
Even with a PC directly connected to a modem (a BAD practice), DDOS is less damaging than the other attacks your PC is under.
DDOS is just flooding your network connection with worthless traffic that your network hardware has to ignore. But the end result to your PC is equivalent to downloading large amounts of useful data that fills your entire connection to the WAN.

Reactions: Bcawesomer
Can a ddos attack damage your pc in any capacity

This seems like a theoratical question, like settling a debate between beers.

If so, answer is no. What a DDoS would do to your computer depends on which side of the attack you are. If you are on the receiving end, it will clog your external connectivity and only that. If your computer is being used as part of an attack, it will use some resources (cpu/mem), but mostly network again. Nothing that would damage the hardware.

Now if you are actually concerned about a DDoS damaging your stuff, don't worry, not gonna happen.

Bcawesomer

Prominent
Mar 17, 2022
This seems like a theoratical question, like settling a debate between beers.

If so, answer is no. What a DDoS would do to your computer depends on which side of the attack you are. If you are on the receiving end, it will clog your external connectivity and only that. If your computer is being used as part of an attack, it will use some resources (cpu/mem), but mostly network again. Nothing that would damage the hardware.

Now if you are actually concerned about a DDoS damaging your stuff, don't worry, not gonna happen.
I meant on the receiving end of the attack. Thank you for relieving me of my worry’s 😁

Reactions: Murissokah