cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
This was my first build and it fired right up! Gigabyte P35 DQ6, DUO 6850, 1066 2gigs Crucial tracers, 8800GTX, 850w Antec, Raptor 150, WD 750 and two shovel fulls of blue lights. I followed the forums for months heeding your advice and caution statements. And it paid off because when I turned on the power, for the first time, I got a steady, high pitched warning alarm and of course my CPU fan wasn't spinning. So I''m thinking I have a bad fan. Then I remember reading about plugging in the graphics card or else, and slam the two power lines were sitting on their butts having coffee. Plugged them in and pure silence, prayer works. It was the first time I have ever seen a BIOS screen and yes I was fearful. So I enabled the common sense stuff and did not overclock anything, yet. My question is this, in the CMOS setup utility, the line that reads DDR 18V reads error. The lettering is in red and it reads failed. It should read OK. This is on page 51, PC Health status. I can't find in the menu how much voltage is going to the memory sticks. For what it's worth the Ram LED's are lighting up. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Try hitting CTRL+F1 at the main bios screen, before you enter the memory screen. Gigabyte hides some of the settings in their bios screens for some reason. I'm not sure if this applies to your specific board, but I have heard of it with other boards, and it is true of my DS3.

Perhaps the memory you have is set by SPD to use more than 1.8v. I don't know if this would cause the status not to read OK, but it's something to consider.

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
Thank you. I will try this in the morning after this wine buzz fades. This is still better than buying from Dell!