I AM UPGRADING TO AN FIC AD11 DDR MOTHERBOARD WITH DURAN CPU. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR AN ATHLON CPU OR BETTER MOTHERBOARD RIGHT NOW. MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD DDR MEMORY THAT ONLY WORKS AT THE 133 SETTING. SOME DDR MEMORY ONLY RUNS AT 266 MEGAHURTZ. I DON'T KNOW IF MY DURAN WILL POST WITH THE 133 JUMPER ENABLED. THANK YOU.

mpjesse

Splendid
Woah... your post is a little confusing. I think your trying to ask this: Will my 100mhz FSB Duron work with PC2100 DDR SDRAM. The answer is yes. You have two options: Overclock the Duron to 133mhz (FSB) which is EXTREMELY easy (see Tom's CPU guide for overclocking the Duron and Athlon- you can use a pencil) Or, you can tone down the FSB to 100mhz and the PC2100 RAM will work fine at 100mhz (200mhz DDR). Either way- it'll work. Don't worry.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is a funny post! Lots of yelling and screaming. And the poor guy has got a Duran, Duran proc ... must be a MTV PC.

I gotta get me one of those. ROFL!

Toejam31

<font color=purple>If there was a reason for everything, having faith would be redundant.</font color=purple>