DDR mobo

G

I know I should wait to get DDR but my parents want a new system now and I'd be dumb to turn it down when to me it's free. Which brings me to what motherboard should I get that will be out in the next week or two with the 266MHz FSB Athlons?

I'm not impressed with the Asus board, no multiplier jumpers, only two DIMM slots, only two IDE channels with no RAID. Ideally I'd like to look at Abit's first DDR board but the KT266 is a ways off isn't it?

Thanks for your help.

I AM Canadian.

G

Just occured to me that I should have posted this is the mainboard section, opps, oh well my bad. :)

I AM Canadian.

G

What are you looking at for speed? If you're worried about multipliers, etc, the Asus A7V133(or something like that :) supports RAID (striping, spanning, mirroring), keeps track of all of the multiplier and volate settings in the bios, and has plenty of dimm and pci slots. If the Asus doesn't float your boat, there is pretty much an identical model carried by A-bit. If you check out the mainboard discussion area you will find a lot more info than this...

#Ranked <font color=blue>6 in US</font color=blue> 2v2 Cstrike# -Feb 7 OGL Ladder (well, it's one of the largest ladders)

TRENDING THREADS