DDR ram

G

does anyone know when DDR ram will be out and when the mainboards supporting them will be released? Can you use DDr ram with older motherboards? (i.e. Abit BH6?)
Any help will be appreciated.
-Pedro229

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you can't use DDR with older motherboards...or older (current) processors...
you need DDR RAM on DDR Compatible mobo with a DDR compatible processor:)

DDR Ram is out... technically... on the paper... good luck getting it though! :(
DDR mobos were out - they were recalled then. Waiting list (last time I heard) was months for pre-orders...

so, I wouldn't count on me being able to get any before February 2001, and stable, proven solutions until much later...

but, if you have networking or know where to look, you may be able to get them much sooner -- many people have them running already -- just not ordinary mortals like me:)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
DDR RAM has a totally different interface and won't even fit in the normal DIMMs (168pin vs. 184).

with a DDR compatible processor:)
Well, not really. Just a compatible motherboard.

DDR RAM is available, but right now it's quite expensive except for Crucial DDR RAM.

G

You can actually get the motherboards right now. Not that hard, no waiting lists.
www.altima2000.com has them in stock and I have mine on its way, they are shipping within 24 hours of your order..so no wait. As for ram, you can only get crucial engineering samples, which have no waranty.

-Jason Falk

WildRhino

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So a normal T-Bird won't work?

When are the new DDR T-Birds out?

R they the new fsb 266 ones?

When r these out?

Questions questions...