daweinah

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I want to know if I can reuse my 4 gigs of DDR RAM in a new cpu/mobo combo from NewEgg, and if so, which CPUs I should be looking at?

Thanks!

FreyG

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
The only motherboard I know of that can reuse old ddr ram would be this one

ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 LGA 775 VIA PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157115

However if I were you I wouldn't waste my time using old, outdated RAM in a new configuration. DDR2/DDR3 is so cheap now a days that you shouldn't base buying a new motherboard/CPU on that. Heck if I were you I would just buy a new motherboard/CPU/RAM and sell the 4 gigs of DDR you have on ebay, DDR sells for quite a bit more then DDR2 or 3 because it is obsolete, so you will probably make back the money you spend on the new RAM and then some. Just an idea though, but if you still insist on reusing your old RAM then that motherboard is basically your only option for you.

OP - Please, please, please do yourself a favor and buy proper RAM. It's cheap.

...or spend two thousand dollars on the best SSD, motherboard, processor, memory, and graphics available....

and then hook it all up to the POS $10 PSU that came in the box with the case 'cos "PowerSupplies Are Too Expensive" :pt1cable: :sarcastic: