Ddr2 and ddr3 on ASUS M5A78L-M LE AM3+ motherboard??

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
GUYS, i have to buy a ASUS M5A78L-M LE AM3+ motherboard for fx 4100 (not buyied yet going to buy after anybody answers this question),so my question is, right now on my current configuration i have 4 gb ddr2(2x2) ram and in addition with the board which i mentioned before i am also going to buy a extra 2 gb(which is ddr3) ram so that in future i have 6gb ram, can any one tell me this that can this motherboard which i mentioned before will detect all the ram because i am afraid that now i have ddr2 and in future i am going to also add a ddr3 ,does this motherboard has the support for ddr2?and also can this detect ddr2(2x2) and ddr3(2) when i put them on the motherboard together.Please you can google the motherboard and check its specifications ,please answer this because i want to run my pc with that 6gb ram .please i am asking this because i am ordering it online so there will be no expert that will make me understand... please do reply... it would be very thankful.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
rule of thumb, if a motherboard were to support both DDR2 and DDR3 (which there are a few out there), you will only be able to use one or the other, never both at the same time. and as far as i know, that model only supports DDR3 (unable to view the link from work)

TRENDING THREADS