DDR2 Gefore/ATI Video Cards

toyotascionxd

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I was wondering is there a big difference if I get a video card that uses ddr3 memory as oppose to a video card that uses ddr2 memory? Do you guys recommend Nvidia over ATI. I'm building a Core I5 computer right now? I plan to use this computer for photo and video editing using software programs such as adobe photoshop cs4 and premiere cs4. I usually watch video streaming movies from Justin.TV or watch some basketball games on NBA League Pass or ESPN. I'm not really into gaming since I have a PS3. Although I have plans of using this computer to play strategy games such as command and conquer 3. I may also use this computer to play third person shooter games such as call of duty modern warfare 2.

Would you guys recommend a video card uses a ddr3 memory instead?

Yes. DDR3 memory is the norm, and it's advised to get it. If you plan on playing games, yet want a cheaper card, go with an HD4670. I don't know quite as much in workstation graphics cards (or whether or not you need one :lol:), but yeah.

I just read about your wanting to play MW2. You might want a better card than the 4670.
The HD4670 is $60
HD4850:$90
HD4870:$120
HD4890:$160 GREAT DEAL!
HD5770:$160

toyotascionxd

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
The bad thing I bought it at newegg.com. I usually pay them by sending them a personal check. The bad thing about this company you need to do a follow up everytime to ask if they have recieved your check.