Question DDR3 4x4GB different clocks

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Hi all.
My friend have an i5 4670 with a Asus GTX 1660 6GB OC and have 4 modules of DDR3 each 4gb, but they are diferent.
What's your opinion of what the best memory config? As it's right now or set 8GB with the ones that have XMP?

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
setting them all to the same speed is the best way to go about it. keeps everything running as error free as possible. many mobo's don't like 4 sticks that are matched. so a mismatched gaggle of sticks is trouble waiting to happen. trying to mix the speeds only adds to the potential trouble.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
setting them all to the same speed is the best way to go about it. keeps everything running as error free as possible. many mobo's don't like 4 sticks that are matched. so a mismatched gaggle of sticks is trouble waiting to happen. trying to mix the speeds only adds to the potential trouble.
For now the tab memory shows this:
unknown.png

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
unlikely. the speed bump would be negated by the lower amount of ram most likely. can't say for sure exactly the difference but most likely it won't make much dif either way. i'd go with the larger amount of ram myself even at the slower speed.

you can try to oc it some but who knows what will happen. might work, might not....

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
unlikely. the speed bump would be negated by the lower amount of ram most likely. can't say for sure exactly the difference but most likely it won't make much dif either way. i'd go with the larger amount of ram myself even at the slower speed.

you can try to oc it some but who knows what will happen. might work, might not....
Yes, will try because even the slower sticks are good sticks, maybe it will work.

Hi all.
My friend have an i5 4670 with a Asus GTX 1660 6GB OC and have 4 modules of DDR3 each 4gb, but they are diferent.
What's your opinion of what the best memory config? As it's right now or set 8GB with the ones that have XMP?

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
Test.
Setup the 2 xmp sticks in the proper slots and enable xmp.
Run your stuff.

Then add the 2 other sticks with xmp off.
Run your stuff.

Reactions: LeviTech