DDR3 8gb ram making my computer boot loop?

KittyS

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Hey guys, I have a KVR16LN11/8 8GB ddr3 that makes my computer boot loop, I've tried reseating it but it didn't work. How do I fix this problem since i don't want to pay $100 AUD

Motherboard: ASUS H81M-K motherboard

Solution
okay this RAM worked for you normally for the past 2 years and your computer is going thru a bootloop recently.
what/when was the last thing that happened on your PC? your OP suggested that it is your RAM certainly that is causing the bootloop.
and there is no way to fix a faulty RAM. you will need to replace it. :/
you can refer to the pdf list @Bob posted to help you choose a replacment.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
is this a new RAM that you bought recently and you want use it on your old motherboard?
are there other RAM sticks on your board?
have you tried resetting your CMOS?

the computer going thru a bootloop is a sign that your RAM may be incompatible with the motherboard. or the RAM is just faulty.

KittyS

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

I've been using this ram stick since 2016 I just dont understand why its causing problems now

KittyS

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

Been using this ram stick for my budget build since 2016, I tried resetting my CMOS and there is a 2gb DDR3 ram stick that im using right now. Is there a way to fix a faulty ram stick?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
okay this RAM worked for you normally for the past 2 years and your computer is going thru a bootloop recently.
what/when was the last thing that happened on your PC? your OP suggested that it is your RAM certainly that is causing the bootloop.
and there is no way to fix a faulty RAM. you will need to replace it. :/
you can refer to the pdf list @Bob posted to help you choose a replacment.

Solution