DDR3 compatible Motherboards

aceaku

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Hi Guys

I managed to find some DDR3 ram for a very good price and after purchase realised it would not fit my motherboard :( . Can anyone give me a list of what options i may have. And before you guys go nuts with the top of the range stuff i should mention im on a low budget >.<.

The Motherboard needs to be able to support DDR3 and Phenom II.

Id highly appreciate any help you guys can give.

And thanks in advance.

If you're going to purchase a quad core phenom II, frys has the 925 denab with msi 750 sli ddr3 board for $159.99 after rebate (in stores only until Thursday). The 925 may not be your first choice for cpus, but the board is almost free after rebate. And it can be overclocked. If you don't live near a frys, newegg has an asrock M3A785GMH 128M Am3 for $84.99 with free shipping. Some asrock boards will unlock cores on the am3 cpus, but I would just spend a little more and get a quad if that's what you want.

aceaku

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply, Umm well im based in the UK, i already have Phenom II 965 3.4 X4 which i blew the majority of my budget on, Im just really looking for a Motherboard which would be able to handle it and the DDR3 ram, Would you recommend the M3A785GMH 128M for my processor?

TRENDING THREADS