Ddr3 mobo supporting pentium d945???

ros_beast

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
hi every one
i have a pentium d945 cpu and i need a mobo that can suport it while supporting ddr3 ram at fsb 1333 mhz can any one help me ?
help me plz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627+600007879+600036385&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=280&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

Just about all of the LGA775 motherboards on the market support DDR3 these days. The trick is that they support DDR3 1066. Your DDR3 1333 will still work in it, but will run at the slower speed by default, or only run at the higher speed when OCing

ros_beast

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

the problem is dose it supports pentium D945 becose the g41 mobos suports only core2duo pentium dual core and core 2 quad

You are right in that it is not listed. However, Pentium D and Pentium Duel-core are pretty similar, and I would be genuinely surprised if it did not work on an aftermarket board.

Anywho, you are talking about a pretty old CPU, and if your mobo died then it is only a matter of time for the HDD and other parts to wear out on you, so it may be time to start saving money for a newer system.

One other thing of note: If this is a Dell or HP then make sure that the mobo you are replacing follows the ATX spec. Most of them follow the BTX standard, and the ATX boards I linked simply will not work in a BTX style housing.

TRENDING THREADS