DDR3 Motherboards that supports Intel's i3-8100 (8th gen Intel processors)

Nov 6, 2018
Hi anyone looking at my thread, I'm searching for a motherboard than can support an i3-8100, along with ddr3 ram slots.

The reason behind this is I got a really good deal from craigslist for this cpu, ($42 brand new in box), but I also already have 16gb of ddr3 1866mhz ram. I would really prefer to not have to buy ddr4 ram due to it's outrageous pricing, and use what I already have. I'm not sure if any boards exist like this, but my price range is ~$80 and max of $110. Thanks everyone.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Huh, learn something new every day. Doesn't seem to be readily available though.

I will mention that even if you find such a motherboard, all Intel CPUs since Skylake only officially support low voltage DDR3 (DDR3L), which runs at 1.35V. According to Intel, running regular 1.5V DDR3 can damage the memory controller over time. Whether that's something you really need to be concerned about, I have no idea. You could potentially undervolt regular DDR3 to run at 1.35V, but it probably wouldn't run at its rated speed anymore.

Serinox

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Well honestly it's as low end as it can get. Though most likely it's going to be inexpensive since it seems to be aimed at people that won't spend much.
But nonetheless i was quite surprised when i read about that board about a week ago.