DDR4 3000MHz problem

datguydream

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
Soo recently i bought another pair of RAM stics ( 2x4 DDR4 3000MHz ) same as one i purchesed 4 months ago. And when i put them into my PC and turned on PC i booted into BIOS to set XMP profile to work on 3000MHz like i did 4 months ago. PC rebooted and i heard 3 beeps then PC shut down then again 3 beeps and shut down again then he beeped once and after that pc booted normally but on 2133MHz... I don't know what is the problem, i updated BIOS to latest version and XMP profile worked before perfectly on 3000MHz ( 2933 ) and now don't.

PC works normally on 2133 MHz and all 4 ram sticks work normal.

Mixing and matching RAM, even of the same model, does not always work. Even more so when you are overlcocking. You may need to go in and set the timing manually as they may be different even though they have the same speed. But even then, there is a risk that it wont work. RAM is kinda finicky.

datguydream

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

Soo i tried taking out old ram sticks and left new ram and booted normally and i tried turning on XMP and it wouldn't boot ( 3 beeps again )

datguydream

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

Soo what do u suggest i should do? I tried taking out old ram sticks and left new ram and booted normally and i tried turning on XMP and it wouldn't boot ( 3 beeps again )
http://prntscr.com/ixmk4o

Is this a Ryzen system by chance? Ryzen has bad compatibility with RAM, so it will be more of a pain if it is a Ryzen CPU. Motherboards offer bios updates that will improve RAM compatibility. You may want to try updating the bios to see if it will help with the RAM overclock.

If updating the bios does not work, then you are going to have to manually set the timings for the memory overclock. XMP is just a one button click for the overclock that usually works. But it looks like for that RAM you are going to have to do it the old fashion way. I suggest googling your motherboard with RAM overclock. There are probably many videos that will give you guidance.

datguydream

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

Yes it's Ryzen 5 1600x, i updated to the latest version of BIOS. I have ASRock AB350M-Pro4.