DDR4 G.Skill 16GB CL14 TRIDENT 3200 mhz (2x16GB) vs (8x4GB) performance difference

Oct 20, 2018
What is the difference between 2x16 and 8x4 G skill ram in terms of performance gains, and is it a bad idea to buy the 2x16 kit? I intend to stream, game and video edit in the future.

Solution
I was recently reading there is some small gains to dual channel vs quad channel. Plus if one stick dies in a quad channel kit you need a whole new set, but if a dual channel one dies you can just get another single stick to replace it. I am no expert just shopping for the same RAM and read that on a linus or Toms forum.

* Buying 2 kits of dual channel would be better than buying 1 kit of quad channel was my take away.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I was recently reading there is some small gains to dual channel vs quad channel. Plus if one stick dies in a quad channel kit you need a whole new set, but if a dual channel one dies you can just get another single stick to replace it. I am no expert just shopping for the same RAM and read that on a linus or Toms forum.

* Buying 2 kits of dual channel would be better than buying 1 kit of quad channel was my take away.

Solution
Oct 20, 2018

Thank you for your answer, i will just stick to 2x8 G.skill trident, at the moment it is too expensive. If 16 gb is not enough in the future i can sell it to someone or give to family member and get 2x16 when the prices are more humane. Have a nice day.