Question DDR4 G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600 Mhz Running at 2133 Mhz

Anon23

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
As the title states, my memory which is Trident Z Neo 8GB x 2 is only running at 2133 Mhz. My motherboard, which is the ASUS X570 (Plus Wifi) Clearly Supports up to 3600 Mhz, and the memory sticks themselves F4-3600C18D-16GTZN are in the support list.

I checked CPUZ and found out that their max bandwidth is only (1066Mhz) which equates to 2132 Mhz.

I even enabled a D.O.C.P profile in my motherboard which should apparently enable my RAM speed to go up to 3600 Mhz, but it doesn't and so I disabled the profile and did it manually where I increased the frequency to 3600, and still nothing. At this point I don't really know what to do.

All my drivers are up to date and there is nothing that is under-dated, the memory sticks are in the support list, and I enabled a profile for them in BIOS, and still nothing. I need help

My cpu is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X unlocked.

EDIT: I just found out that my cpu can support up to 3200, then why is it not going all the way up to that?

EDIT 2: I find this very odd, Under the memory tab in CPU-Z My DRAM frequency is 1596.8 MHz which I suppose equates to 3200 MHz, yet under SPD, it states that my limit is 2132. I don't understand this

Here are all my components: https://www.driverscloud.com/en/configuration/60038263-1/summary

Last edited:
Maximum Bandwidth is only showing what the system can boot and run at with AUTO default settings. With DOCP or manual settings, it can go higher, which is reflected in your DRAM Frequency of 'Memory' tab. This tab is all current operating values, whereas 'SPD' is not. SPD displays profile info stored in modules.

Reactions: Anon23

ASK THE COMMUNITY