Ddr4, Intel X99, 8 core desktop processors, and gtx 800 series

Geekbob

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Ok so I am a little confused. Apparently intel has a new line of CPUs coming out soon. Including an 8 core processor that I guess will replace the 4930k. Intel is also releasing x99 mobos and ddr4 ram. There're also rumors of the gtx 800 series coming soon. I wouldn't mind to wait to maybe the end of fall but that would be as long as I could wait. Suggestions? Anyone know the release dates or rumors. You also may be wondering why I am spending so much, well here's why, I am building a future proof gaming/editing pc to last at least 3 if not 4 years before doing much upgrading. I want it to last, and still be worthy of showing off in the years to come.

the nvidia gpu can drop at any time the hold up is yield issue from the foundry. the haswell e should drop in the fall. the issue now with intel is the newer brodwell for the 1150 dropping late and then in a few months (april of next year if nothing delays them is the next chp to replace brodwell (skylake).
http://wccftech.com/intel-14nm-skylake-processors-feature-pcie-4-ddr4-memory-sata-express/

Geekbob

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013

Okay so what about ddr4 I guess I should've said

TRENDING THREADS