DDR4 RAM won't fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattyboi55

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Trying to install DDR4 2400 into H270-ITX/ac motherboard and it will not click in. Notches are lined up and I have applied more force than I should be it just won't go in. Never had an experience like this with RAM before.

Reactions: dremnair
Solution
While it does take some pressure to install the memory, it should not require brute strength. You are doing what I do, I always install the memory outside the case when installing a new mobo (on a flat surface).

Both the memory and motherboard are more durable than many believe, you may just need to apply a bit more oomph.

Also, note that the "notch" and the blank space on the PCB don't exactly line up. The notch is to one side of the "blank area".

See the picture here to see what I mean:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-dram-2400mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2a2400c16

pattyboi55

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I'm 100% sure, yes lined up correctly. Not sure what you mean, no nothing is in the slots. The slots only have one side that clicks down. Not sure if that helps.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That one side thing is now common with DDR4 memory slots. The debris/object in the slot thing was just meant to ensure nothing was physically preventing you from fitting the memory in properly.

What make/model of memory are you trying to install?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
While it does take some pressure to install the memory, it should not require brute strength. You are doing what I do, I always install the memory outside the case when installing a new mobo (on a flat surface).

Both the memory and motherboard are more durable than many believe, you may just need to apply a bit more oomph.

Also, note that the "notch" and the blank space on the PCB don't exactly line up. The notch is to one side of the "blank area".

See the picture here to see what I mean:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-dram-2400mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2a2400c16

Solution

pattyboi55

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Thank you for your help it just clicked in. I pressed down hard on the non-levered side until it was in then pushed down on the other side and it finally worked. Very stressful, thank you for your time.

Double check that the notch in the ram matches up with the slot.
It does seem to take more force than you might think.
See that the moveable latch is unlocked in the up position before you start.

With the motherboard on a flat surface you need to push down evenly; best to use two hands to do it.

Aug 21, 2020
Trying to install DDR4 2400 into H270-ITX/ac motherboard and it will not click in. Notches are lined up and I have applied more force than I should be it just won't go in. Never had an experience like this with RAM before.
Sir, I have the same problem recently purchased Gigabite Z390 Mini ITX MOB and vengeance LPX 16gb. This ram is not fitting to the slot of the mob. On careful examination its notch is not matching with my older DDR 4 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS