DDR4 what exactly is it?

eletrickapple01

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
So, I heard new ddr4 hardware will be coming out as close as next month. What exactly is DDR4 and how will it boost your computer? Also, I heard you'll need to swap out new components such as motherboards and cpu. I currently have a i7 4770k processor with a Z87-A asus motherboard holding 16gb of Memory. My GPU is a GTX 770 4gb evga classified. So, what will I need to swap out? And please explain to me this new technology. Thanks!

Solution
Doing a quick scan of several links, Haswell does not support DDR4, but Haswell-E (Socket 2011) with the X-99 chipset supposedly will.

Honestly, you have a great config now and there is no immediate for you to upgrade anything. I would recommend you wait and let DDR4 get firmly established and for prices to stabilize before you even think about upgrading.

eletrickapple01

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

That means a lot more expenses. But I heard some haswell cpus might be capable of being with DDR4. Will mine be compatible? Also, is it worth it?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Doing a quick scan of several links, Haswell does not support DDR4, but Haswell-E (Socket 2011) with the X-99 chipset supposedly will.

Honestly, you have a great config now and there is no immediate for you to upgrade anything. I would recommend you wait and let DDR4 get firmly established and for prices to stabilize before you even think about upgrading.

Solution