ddr5 on motherboard

Oct 1, 2018
My motherboard is G41T-M6 v1+core 2 duo processor+4gb ddr3 single channeled ram

My 1no. question is....Will DDR5 2GB graphics card support properly on my motherboard?
If the answer is "Yes".Than How about GT 1030 2GB ddr5 for my motherboard? Will it be supported? Won't there be any bottleneked?

On the otherhand,If the ans is no,then which graphics card will be eligible for my system as far as possible.suggest me with gpu model no+ddr3 or ddr5

plssssssssssssssssss reply me.It's emergency for me.

First of all, if you are expecting GDDR5 graphics cards will only work in DDR5 motherboards, then you should know that DDR5 isn't supposed to become commercially available until sometime in 2020, while GDDR5 graphics cards came out in 2008 when your motherboard was brand new. 12 years would be a long time to wait to use a graphics card, don't you think?

Next, why wouldn't you expect a standard PCIe card to work in a standard PCIe slot? It should work fine, as there is nothing UEFI-like about its BIOS so the card's vBIOS should always correctly choose the legacy BOOT. The problem is early implementations of UEFI around 2012 lacked the now-standard GOP so the card chooses the UEFI path--leading to only a black screen. Your board is 4 years older than that so there can be no confusion.

As for if that specific card is "supported" then the answer would have to be no. To be supported it would have to be qualified/validated to work by ECS and they have added nothing to their QVL in 9 years. They probably no longer have one of those boards and would find it unprofitable to continue testing it, given that any buyers last paid them for it a decade ago. So not supported but probably works fine.

Lastly, why would bottlenecking be a problem? For old games that don't use shaders, the GT1030 is no faster than some cards from 8-9 years ago but just uses some 200 watts less power to run. And your system is not fast enough to play modern games that require plenty of shading power anyway so the point is moot.

A GT1030 on a computer like that does allow you to connect a 4k display and furthermore, can hardware accelerate 4k60 H.265 videos which would otherwise be impossible to play on that system.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bashar1709112 : "Graphics card supporting"

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The type of memory supported by the motherboard has nothing to do with the type of memory used by the video card. They are completely independent from one another.

In this case, the GT710, GT730, and GT1030 should work fine in the ECS G41T-M6 v1 motherboard. Really a matter of your budget and what you can afford.

Also, please ask a question a single time, from a single account. Thank you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
From the OP via PM:

Subject: Graphics card supporting

To: COLGeek

Sent on: October 1, 2018 10:54 PM
That means, GT 730 gddr5 2gb or GT 730 gddr5 2gb will support easily on ECS G41T-m6 v1 motherboard easily?
plsssssssssssssssssss reply me

Sent on: October 1, 2018 11:58 PM
Yes. Please respond in the thread. Not via PM. Thank you.

Sent on: October 2, 2018 2:44 AM
This is my last question,kindly hejp me
How will be eligible GT 1030 ddr5 2gb low profile or GT 1030 ddr5 2gb(not low profile) for my system?

Sent on: October 2, 2018 4:13 AM
Either should work as long as you aren't using a small form factor (a.k.a. half height case). Ask in the thread itself. That way others benefit from the information.