[SOLVED] Dead 2TB HDD (Recovery still possible?)

luzhun

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hello. I have a 2TB Seagate Drive that died suddenly. There is no noise and sounds like it powers up when connected each time. It is still showing in BIOS, but does not show in Windows like it once did. Whenever the HDD is plugged in, sometimes there is a S.M.A.R.T Scan Bad HDD error message noted and to press F1 to continue with the bootup which takes several minutes (really slow when left plugged in). There is no clicking sound being heard. I tried loading from a Linux OS disk to see if I can see the bad HDD through another Operating System and to try to recover the files that way, but even several different Linux OS's are not able to detect it. Are there any other known ways to possibly use or try to recover the data or at least allow the drive to become visible, even temporarily?

Thank you for more information and suggestions on what to try next, if anything else can be done! Have a great day!

Solution
A Professional Data Recovery service is probably the only option you have now, but you'll need very deep pockets to pay for it.

It's the reason most of us keep our data backed up.