dead 9.5 sata replaced with a desk top harddrive windows instal error

Dragoken

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
i have a hp pavilion g7 had a 750gb sata 9.5 hard drive that died (dont know how was given it to fix and then told to keep it) i have only one spare sata hard drive but its a desktop 320gb hard drive it boots up and says missing os (the drive is completely wiped of all data) i used a win 7 ultra 64bit it boots up and asks to instal windows i use custom instal and then it asks were to put windows and there are no devices unchecked hide none compatible hardware and rescan still no devices browsed it show the usb only and try to just put it on the usb but it says no drivers. could to new hard drive be dead if its not showing up and how could i fix the no drivers error

Solution
please try when inserting windows installation media > boot with media > shift + f10 > you will be in cmd type diskpart hit enter then type list disk.

if it does show drive you probably will need to import the drive , type select disk x with x meaning what list disk output gives you then type import.

patrickIT

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
please try when inserting windows installation media > boot with media > shift + f10 > you will be in cmd type diskpart hit enter then type list disk.

if it does show drive you probably will need to import the drive , type select disk x with x meaning what list disk output gives you then type import.

Solution