PeterSullivan

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
Hi all - just bought a significant upgrade for my rig, and decided to get a BenQ EX3410R 34” curved monitor to go with it.

I was really happy with the purchase, but when it arrived and I tested it, I noticed one dead pixel on the far left, and one stuck (on green) centre top of the monitor. It also has quite a bit of backlight bleed (although I understand this is normal on a curved monitor).

Just wanted to gauge what people on here think about this - I can probably live with all these things, but given it was brand new, debating if I should try to RMA it? I’ve tried all the sensible methods to unstick the pixel (ie everything but applying physical pressure) but it’s resolutely there after multiple attempts.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all - just bought a significant upgrade for my rig, and decided to get a BenQ EX3410R 34” curved monitor to go with it.

I was really happy with the purchase, but when it arrived and I tested it, I noticed one dead pixel on the far left, and one stuck (on green) centre top of the monitor. It also has quite a bit of backlight bleed (although I understand this is normal on a curved monitor).

Just wanted to gauge what people on here think about this - I can probably live with all these things, but given it was brand new, debating if I should try to RMA it? I’ve tried all the sensible methods to unstick the pixel (ie everything but applying physical pressure) but it’s resolutely there after multiple attempts.

Thanks in advance!
I have never been happy with benq monitors they have always had a issue getting things proper in my opinion

PeterSullivan

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
I have never been happy with benq monitors they have always had a issue getting things proper in my opinion

Ah really? I read around and it had been reviewed fairly positively (including on here) but I’m having second thoughts given the number of issues out of the box.

If I’m able to return it, who would you recommend looking at instead?

Thanks!

Ah really? I read around and it had been reviewed fairly positively (including on here) but I’m having second thoughts given the number of issues out of the box.

If I’m able to return it, who would you recommend looking at instead?

Thanks!
Return should be simple if it's within a weeks purchase. I would recommend looking lg Samsung dell places like this they have the ball on the game and have gotten things pat when it comes to their screens

Reactions: PeterSullivan