Sep 14, 2014
Relevant Specs:
EVGA x58 Motherboard
XFX GTX 285
1000w PSU
Windows 7
NEW Card: AMD R7 260x

Hello,
Recently I was greeted with a code 43 on my GTX 285. I updated the drivers and still no luck. Windows started and displayed but the display was very laggy, couldn't play any games, couldn't enable aero etc. I bought a new card, an R7 260x, and was unable to receive any signal from the card (although the fan did turn on).

I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reset the CMOS. Honestly my tampering seems to have made things worse, windows is much slower. Upon start up I am greeted with screens such as this

http://imgur.com/ruMud08,AmU6eST#0
http://imgur.com/ruMud08,AmU6eST#1

The new card still produces no display. The above images are from using the old card.

What steps should I take from here?

Thank you.

Solution
If the system is slow and you are getting any sort of screen lag from your R7 260X card it means you forgot to plug the 6 pin Pci-e power feed from your Psu to the R 260X card.

It can often be missed as it is tucked right under the back edge of the graphics card or the long edged side.
Make sure also that the eight pin 12v power block is connected from the Psu to your X58 board.
The eight pin on the board is located online with a set of Usb ports with the black heat sink cooler above it on the Vrm`s.

If you only have four pins connected since you had a 285 card a 260X will require all eight 12v power to be used on the board.

That should solve the problem of the 260x card not displaying a picture.
If the system is slow and you are getting any sort of screen lag from your R7 260X card it means you forgot to plug the 6 pin Pci-e power feed from your Psu to the R 260X card.

It can often be missed as it is tucked right under the back edge of the graphics card or the long edged side.
Make sure also that the eight pin 12v power block is connected from the Psu to your X58 board.
The eight pin on the board is located online with a set of Usb ports with the black heat sink cooler above it on the Vrm`s.

If you only have four pins connected since you had a 285 card a 260X will require all eight 12v power to be used on the board.

That should solve the problem of the 260x card not displaying a picture.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS